Wednesday 7 May 2014

‘Splitting From Don Jazzy Really Affected Me’ says D’banj On Mo’hits Split

The Koko Master D’banj, was featured on the cover of Thisday Style Magazine last Sunday. In his interview with the weekend journal, D’banj opened up about his split from Mo’hits and how leaving Don Jazzy has affected his music career.
Read interview excerpts…
You parted ways with your partner and long time friend Don Jazzy, which wasn’t pleasant news for many of your fans in Nigeria and around the world; can you tell us why you took such a decision?
Any split or break up will affect anyone because you are used to a way of working and for me, it did. But I always look at the light at the end of the tunnel. It was after the split that I had my first global hit ‘Oliver Twist’. It hit the top ten in the United Kingdom and also it was when other endorsements came through, such as the theme song for Africa Cup of Nation ‘Top of the world’. I got to perform it in front of 92,000 people. Also I was made a GLO Ambassador and also an ambassador the Bank for Industry. But Don jazzy is one of Nigeria’s most amazing producers and will continue to be so, I respect his work tremendously. He is also a long time friend and brother.
Has the split in any way affected your musical career or has it had a positive impact on the musician you are today? I don’t believe it has affected my career in anyway. As you can see, D’banj is getting involved in many things such as the ONE Campaign by Bono; an ambassador for agriculture in Nigeria, my music is doing great too with my recent new video for one of the soundtracks for ‘Half of a Yellow Sun’. My career going great as expected. This year we celebrate 10 years of D’banj in the entertainment industry. I’m thankful to God. What’s the biggest lesson you have learned through it all? I have learned one simple lesson, ‘Without God we are nothing’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign Up in Seconds
Sign up with your email address to receive latest updates straight in your inbox.

Welcome to TheWorldNews